Students and employees are also invited to participate in more advanced forms of sports in the sports sections of the University Club of the University Sports Association at SGH (KU AZS SGH).
Our offer encompasses a variety of disciplines: aerobics, athletics, basketball, bicycle trips, bodybuilding, dancesport, football, functional training, handball, karatedo, kayaking, Nordic walking, pilates, sailing, skiing, snowboarding, strength athletics, swimming, tennis, and volleyball.
For full-time undergraduate students, two semesters of physical education are compulsory and should be completed in the first and the second semester of studies.
- Credit for physical education classes
You can get a credit for physical education classes by fulfilling at least one of the following conditions:
- get enrolled and attend physical education classes offered by CWFiS (Physical Education and Sport unit) and get a credit in accordance with the applicable grading scale,
- get your physical education grade from another university transcribed as long as it is from the same degree level (bachelor’s or master’s),
- present a certificate from the relevant Sports Association stating that you hold a valid sports qualification: at least second sportsmanship class,
- take part in a sports camp (upon a fee) where classes are conducted by CWFiS staff,
- participate actively in training sessions of an AZS SGH sports section and represent the university in sports competitions,
- take part in the SGH Folk Song and Dance Ensemble classes,
- take part in SGH Choir classes.
The basic prerequisite for getting a credit in physical education is to attend classes, be active and participate regularly in the classes of your choice, and pass a test at the end of the semester. Moreover:
- you are entitled to one unexcused absence per semester,
- you are required to attend the class you are enrolled in at least 10 times,
- you need to make up for all excused absences by participating in classes with another group, specified in advance by the class instructor, or by participating in a sports competition, as agreed in advance with the class instructor,
- you can make up for missed classes only when your class instructor agrees for you to do it; in particular, you cannot make up for a missed class by attending another class during a test (i.e. usually the last class in the semester), or by joining groups that have reached the maximum allowable number of students.
In special cases, such as when you suffered an injury during the semester, you can be assigned to physical rehabilitation classes instead.
If your absence is long, for instance due to illness, you can approach the Dean of Undergraduate Studies for permission to get a conditional credit for the semester and get credit in physical education classes during the following semester. Nobody can be exempted from the obligation to get a credit in physical education classes.
Transferring your grade
You can get a credit in physical education by transferring your grades from another university. In order to do this, just follow the instructions obtained from the Dean of Undergraduate Studies or the Dean of Graduate Studies regarding the transfer of your grades.
You can only apply for a transfer of your grade for courses taken as part of a relevant degree programme. If a course you took at another university was completed with a plain credit (pass) rather than a grade, you will get a ‘3’ (satisfactory) at SGH.
To facilitate the grade transfer procedure, simply submit and then collect the necessary documents from the CWFiS secretary’s office:
- a certified transcript of grades or a diploma supplement,
- a grade transfer form,
- the course syllabus.
Postponing the completion of classes to another semester
According to the study rules and regulations, it is not possible to postpone the completion of compulsory physical education classes to another semester. However, if you receive a failing grade, you can apply for a conditional credit in this subject. You can then choose any physical education class from the available selection in the following semester.
- Enrolment in classes
Physical education classes are available to students of all types and fields of study. In the first round, students who have obligatory PE classes in that particular semester must submit a declaration, stating which classes they choose. In the second round, all students can take part and submit a PE declaration for the semester.
Registration deadlines for classes are as follows:
- from 2021.09.23 (10:00) to 2021.09.25 (8:00) – 1st semester of full-time undergraduate studies (SLLD and SLLA),
- from 2021.09.25 (12:00) to 2021.09.29 (8:00) – all students (any semesters and form of studies),
- from 2021.10.01 to 2021.10.15 – all students with the consent of the lecturer (please contact the lecturer directly or by email).
The registration takes place via USOS system.
You can select a new class or change your previous selection by choosing the following menu command: Adding new courses on the basis of the study timetable (Wpisywanie nowych przedmiotów na podstawie harmonogramu zajęć). During a particular semester, you can choose no more than the following in the first round of PE declarations:
- one class (group) within an AZS sports section (for credit or optional – you declare your choice during the first class),
- one class (group) within the remaining subjects (for credit or optional – you declare your choice during the first class).
Classes in AZS sports sections are offered to students who wish to participate in sports competitions. Sections devoted to team sports have limits of participants, and the choice is made by the coach of each section. If you do not manage to get into the section of your choice, you can sign up for other physical education classes either in the next round of declarations or directly at the Physical Education and Sports secretary’s office (if there are any vacancies). If you sign up for an AZS section, you can also choose other classes in the first declaration round, but you can cancel them at the beginning of the semester once you have been accepted into the AZS section of your choice.
Each class offered outside the AZS sections has a maximum number of students allowed to participate. Limits and current vacancies in groups are specified next to each class. Unlike in AZS sports sections, these classes are filled on the first come, first serve basis.
In the second round of declarations, all students can choose from classes which still have vacancies. In this case, there is no limit on the number of classes you can take.
To make a selection, you need to:
- select the number assigned to a particular class from the drop-down list,
- select the check box next to your selected class,
- press (Zatwierdź) (Validate) at the bottom of the form.
To change your selection:
- deselect a previously selected checkbox,
- select a new class.
Information on the choices you made for physical education is displayed under the relevant menu item Wyświetlanie zawartości deklaracji (Display your declaration) , while the full history of your selections is displayed in menu item Historia (History) of subject selection.
- University Club of the Academic Sports Association at SGH
KU AZS SGH (University Club of the University Sports Association at SGH) is a student organisation for academic sports which operates at our university. It comprises sports sections as its basic organisational units. Only SGH students, staff and faculty members can become members of AZS SGH sections.
Sports sections operated by AZS SGH
Sections with CWFiS coaches
Cross-country running, women’s futsal, men’s futsal, women’s basketball, men’s basketball, track and field, men’s football, handball, swimming, women’s volleyball, men’s volleyball, beach volleyball, tourist section, sailing.
Sports aerobics, badminton, sports bridge, judo, skiing, snowboarding, chess, tchoukball, table tennis, tennis, horse riding.
Coach: Witold Dżoń, Anna Milińska-Tymendorf
Monday 17:10 – 18:40, SGH gym, building. G
Tuesday 16:30 – 18:00, Podskarbińska Stadium
Thursday 16:30 – 18:00, Podskarbińska Stadium
Coach: Marcin Stachowicz
Coach: Krzysztof Witos
Monday 19:00 – 20:40, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Friday: 19:00 – 20:40, gymnasium 2 building G
Coach: Artur Zasuwik
Tuesday 20:00 – 22:00, ul. Lokajskiego 3
Wednesday 11:40 – 13:10, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Thursday 20:00 – 22:00, ul. Lokajskiego 3
Coach: Marek Zasuwik
Monday 20:00 – 22:00, ul. Stokłosy 3
Tuesday 9:50 – 11:20, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Wednesday 20:00 – 22:00, ul. Stokłosy 3
Saturday 9:00 – 11:00, ul. Stokłosy 3
Athletics (Track and Field)
Coach: Witold Dżoń
Monday 19:10 – 21:10, SGH gym bud. G
Tuesday 15:30 – 16:45, Podskarbińska Stadium
Wednesday 17:10 – 18:40, gymansium 2 building G
Thursday 16:30 – 16:45, Podskarbińska Stadium
An autonomous section
Coach: Marcin Stachowicz
Monday 20:00 – 21:30, ul. Obrońców Tobruku 11
Tuesday 20:00 – 21:30, ul. Obrońców Tobruku 11
Wednesday 20:00 – 21:30, ul. Obrońców Tobruku 11
Thursday 20:00 – 21:30, ul. Obrońców Tobruku 11
Friday 11:40 – 13:10, SGH gym, building G
Coach: mgr Łukasz Wolski
Coach: Łukasz Wolski
Coach: Dariusz Polkowski
Monday 11:40 – 13:10, SGH gym, building G
Tuesday 20:00 – 21:30 swimming pool Potocka
Wednesday 20:50 – 22:20, SGH gym, building G
Saturday 10:30 – 12:00, swimming pool Potocka
Coach: Konrad Walczyk
Coach: Piotr Najmowicz
Monday 20:50 – 22:20, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Wednesday 19:00 – 20:30, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Thursday 21:00 – 22:30, MOS Rogalińska
Friday 15:20 – 16:50, gymansium 2 building G
Coach: Paweł Bojewski
Monday 21:00 – 22:30, MOS Rogalińska
Wednesday 20:50 – 22:20, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Thursday 20:50 – 22:20, gymnasium, ul. Wiśniowa 41
Friday 8:00 – 9:50, gymansium 1 building G
Coach: Krzysztof Staniszewski
Tuesday 9:50 – 11:30, SGH gym, building G
Saturday 09:00 – 14:00, Ośrodek Żeglarski Zegrze ul. Warszawska 45
Registration of sections
A sports section may commence its formal activity after registration with KU AZS SGH.A section can be registered with KU AZS SGH under the following conditions:
- the section must represent a sport discipline (a form of sport regulated by relevant regulations and provisions, registered in the Republic of Poland),
- the section must have a number of members which enables it to fulfil the conditions of team classification in the Academic Championships of Poland (AMP) or in other all-Poland competitions, or the section must have at least one member who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- they have at least first sportsmanship class in the discipline represented by the section,
- within the last two years, they won a medal in the discipline represented by the section, either at Poland Championships or in a sports competition of at least the same rank,
- an application to register the section must be submitted to the AZS SGH Club Board.
SGH sports facilities include two gyms, a swimming pool with sauna, a bodybuilding centre in the Main Building and a gym in building W located in Wiśniowa Street.
Baza sportowa SGH
Baza sportowa SGH obejmuje siłownię i dwie sale gimnastyczne mieszczące się w budynku głównym oraz salę gimnastyczną w budynku W przy ul. Wiśniowej.