Welcome to the website dedicated to people with disabilities, run by the staff of the Office for People with Disabilities.
We invite students, faculty and staff of our university as well as anyone interested in disability issues to contact us. We also welcome people with chronic illnesses who do not hold a disability certificate.
We invite you to report specific issues and general problems. We will do our best to help you with individual issues, while signals concerning general problems will help our university to adapt to the needs and abilities of people with disabilities. Don’t hesitate, give us a call, write an e-mail or come and talk to us!
SGH Warsaw School of Economics has specialised equipment and software in place to facilitate education for people with disabilities. These include:
- screen magnification software: ZoomText, Lunar and Magic,
- Jaws – speaking software with various speech synthesizers,
- MyReader – an electronic magnifier which facilitates reading for people with visual impairments (the magnifier is located in the Library, in the Polish Journals Reading Room),
- an adapted computer station for people with disabilities in the SGH Library (the station includes: the Multilektor scanning and reading set, Internet access, speaking and zooming software, a special mouse for people with hand disorders),
- an induction loop in the Main Hall, helping people with hearing impairments to hear the lectures more clearly,
- portable FM systems which can be lent to people with hearing impairments who use hearing aids.
- People with disabilities are welcome to study at SGH
Would you like to obtain a degree from the Warsaw School of Economics (BA, MA or PhD)? Do you have a disability and wonder if you should try it, or wonder if you can manage? Do not hesitate, take action and go for it! Many others have already walked this path with success.
It is also a good idea to know what kind of help you can get from our university. You can find out about it by reading the remaining information on this website. Above all, do make sure to complete all the formalities required for the recruitment process.
If the recruitment procedure involves an entrance exam and you would like to receive assistance during the exam, make sure to contact the staff of our Admissions Office to agree on the details of assistance you may require. Another option is to contact the staff of our Office for People with Disabilities. It is always a good idea and they can help you!
- Registration with the Office for People with Disabilities
If you wish to receive support from SGH on account of your disability (e.g. if you apply for a disability grant or if you have a chronic illness but do not have a disability certificate), you should register with the Office for People with Disabilities and complete the following steps:
- present the original disability certificate or medical documentation (for candidates without a disability certificate),
- complete the registration form,
- sign a consent to the processing of your personal data.
- A certificate to support persons with disabilities
Undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and postgraduate students with disabilities, as well as persons who do not hold a disability certificate but have a chronic disease can receive support during the educational process.
The Office for People with Disabilities issues certificates addressed to teaching staff. This document contains information that may be useful in choosing the most suitable form of assistance for the type of disability or health problem of the certificate holder.
In order to obtain this certificate, please contact the Office for People with Disabilities and present your disability certificate or medical documentation (if you have no disability certificate).
- Residence rooms for people with disabilities
Student Residence Hall No. 1 “Sabinki” has two single rooms adapted to the needs of persons with motor disabilities. The rooms have a shared bathroom and each room is equipped with a kitchenette.
Applications for rooms for people with disabilities can be submitted by any students (incl. doctoral students) with disabilities (regardless of the type of disability), but priority will be given to applicants with severe motor disabilities. Applications should be submitted to the Office for People with Disabilities via e-mail. Applications for either the new academic year or the winter semester only are accepted until 31 August of the year concerned.
- Rehabilitation classes
The Physical Education and Sport Centre runs rehabilitation classes for students. SGH students with various kinds of disabilities who are interested in participating in such classes should contact the Centre (room 046 in the basement of building G by the connector to building A).
- Disability access to buildings
Some SGH buildings are well-adapted, others are only partially adapted while the remaining ones are not yet accessible for people with motor disabilities. The best disability access is offered in the Main Building and building C located at al. Niepodległości 128. Further renovation work is underway to adapt the buildings and make them accessible for people with disabilities.
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m.
Office of Accessibility and Support
for People with Disabilities
al. Niepodległości 162,
building G, room 304
phone.: +48 22 564 94 63, 665 995 512